Sunday 22 April 2012

long vests

Long oversized vests are a must this season! I love a good vest, but I really love the oversized man style look with a twist on the tuxedo trend. I love the bigness, but it doesn’t make you look bigger than you are and you can really look super on trend

A classic no brainer when it comes to this look is with a good denim, I like a natural classic blue denim skinny’s preferred by me but the boyfriend pair works too, then the addition of a white tee, long or short sleeved and a ballet flat, any pattern/ style. This outfit is effortlessly cool and great for running around on a Saturday, a date, or just lounging around at home



I love that you can also change up each items of the outfit just so slightly eg/ boyfriend jean instead of a skinny, yet the look comes together so well and is unique!
I also discovered many different styles available, and yes these have been around for some time in store but you may have brushed past them. Give one a go.
You have the tuxedo style – I think this is super on trend and we will see a lot of it this season, also I’ve seen a few long vests that are actually made to be worn as a dress, I can image Gwenth Paltrow in this!
The textures and styles different a unique. Try a fringe vest, which is quite short essentially but the fringing creates the length, the panels different colours to geometrics your look, have a vest with different fabrics built in to really give you some great texture, and last but not least add a vest with some zipper detailing for a sporty look

There is also the scarf/ floaty vest, a great staple to have in the wardrobe perfect to just keep one in the car/ office/ handbag. They fold up easy and they are almost like a scarf adding that touch of cool and chic to your outfit, I love this pattern one, but I will admit I lived in just a classic plain black in Europe last year as the weather and country's were always changing and it took up the smallest amount of room in my backpack! Bonus!


No comments:

Post a Comment